Saturday, March 9, 2013

15 Months

Trey is 15 months old today! He is definitely seeming like a "toddler" more and more each day-- it's crazy to see how fast he is growing and changing.  So what's new with Trey at 15 months?

~ He is on the go, go, go.  Those feet are always moving and those hands are always reaching for something.


(My personal favorite: crawling through the stool in the kitchen:)

~ He loves to throw things.  He will throw almost any toy he has, but loves balls especially. :) And "ball" is one of his favorite words right now, too.


This train is a close second to balls when it comes to favorite toys.


~ He is in 18 month clothes, size 4 shoes, and size 4 diapers.  Since he was at the doctor yesterday for an ear infection (his third, poor guy), I now have his current height/weight: 31 inches and 25 pounds, which is between the 50th and 75th percentile.

~ He has four teeth, two on top and two on bottom, but is currently teething (and drooling up a storm!) and looks like he's getting two more top teeth.


~ His vocabulary continues to expand, and he is so proud of himself when he says a new word-- he will often stop and clap for himself.  It really is so cute. He also loves to blow kisses (and says "mwah!"), give high fives (while saying "fi"), and wave and say "bye bye." He still rarely says "hi" but loves to say bye.  :)

~ He continues to take 2 naps a day.  I've been trying to transition him down to one, but he is sooooo tired by 10:00 or 10:30, and just miserable if he doesn't get at least a short morning nap. He still goes to bed around 8:00pm and sleeps until around 7:00-7:30. He is a big fan of his sleep, and will head for the stairs as soon as I tell him it's time for nap or bedtime. :)

~ He continues to love food and loves his milk! I haven't found any foods he won't eat (yet) and he attacks each meal with gusto. :)



~ He continues to be my little snuggle buddy and especially wants to be held when he first wakes up.  He likes to sit with me and rock and (of course) suck that thumb. And (of course) I love it, too. :)

 ~ He is such a happy little guy.  He continues to let lots of compliments on his sunny disposition.  At MOPS this past month, when I went to get him from the very busy nursery, the workers said "Oh, the happy one's mom is here!" I got concerned, thinking they were being sarcastic and he had been upset while I was gone.  But when I asked, they said "No, no! We're serious. Out of all the babies here, he was the only one who was happy and not crying!"  Even with his ear infection and teething, he's still got that smile.


Happy 15 months, Trey!

No comments: