Yesterday was a really good day. LL had the day off work (as per his new schedule; Thursdays off to make up for late nights and weekends on) and so we packed up the little pumpkin and headed to Gettysburg to visit with some great friends from college, Matt and Danielle. Danielle was a roommate of mine and actually introduced me to LL (long story for another day, but soon, I promise), and Matt was a great friend in college as well. They have two kids, Kylee is three, and Caleb is 2 days older than Collette. Kylee was at school yesterday, but the rest of us got to hang out--Matt is self employed and was able to spend time with us, and Danielle is still on maternity leave, so all of us were free in the middle of the week! So fun. It was great to catch up, and we had so much fun. We had lunch (ordered in, which turned out to be a very good thing with 2 3-month olds; especially since one of them--the one of the female persuasion-- was decidedly fussy)and had THAI FOOD! Yay! LL and I L-O-V-E Thai food, but there aren't any restaurants by us, so that was very exciting. We had great conversation and also had a lot of fun with the Wii. Have I mentioned that LL and I may be a little obsessed with Wii? We had never played until last week, when a work friend invited us to her house to play. I am so not a video game person, so I went (hello, socialization) but didn't really think I would enjoy it, but can I just say that I am obsessed with the technology behind the Wii Fit board?!? How is that thing soooo sensitive? Anyway, I digress. In any event, we had a lot of fun doing the "fly like a chicken," "obstacle course" and "skater" games. If you have a Wii maybe you know what I'm talking about, otherwise, just trust me. Anyway, we had a great day. Here are Danielle and I with Caleb and Collette:
Better of the babies, not so smiling Kirsten:

Better of me, not quite as good of the babies:

And on the way home we detoured through Harrisburg to stop by the newly opened Sonic and get drinks. Funny how when you can't have something you begin to crave it. When we lived in Starkville there were 2 Sonics and we didn't really go there all that often, but since we moved back to PA and there are no Sonics anywhere, all I want is a big drink with that fabulous Sonic ice. Anyway, a new Sonic just opened in Harrisburg, and LL and I took about a 15 minute detour to get Cherry Limeade (him) and Vanilla Diet Coke (me). And BOY, was it worth it. Can I just say Yum-o? All of which to say, yesterday was a very good day. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment