Well, I already blogged about Valentine's day, but I didn't actually blog at all about what we did for Valentine's Day this year. LL got me truffles. And I L-O-V-E me some truffles. LL is actually the person who introduced me to truffles; I was never one for high-dollar chocolate when Hershey's Kisses could satisfy my need for chocolate. However, I had to amend that position after LL got me my first box of truffles. Can we say heaven in a box?!? Soo tasty. So, LL got me fabulous truffles. And I told LL that I wanted to surprise him for Valentine's day this year, so do you know what I did? Found a Truffle-making class in Hershey! So yesterday Collette went to play with her cousins Isaac and Tabby and LL and I hopped in the car and drove to Hershey, to The Hershey Story, the new museum in Hershey that opened last year. They have a "Chocolate Lab," where you can learn to make different chocolate treats. We had a great time rolling the ganache, dipping, and decorating the truffles.
They take their hygiene very seriously:


Making the truffles:


The finished product:


We also did chocolate tasting--we were given 6 glasses of liquid chocolate from around the world, and were able to taste how the different beans produce different types of chocolate. So neat! We also toured the museum. It was a very fun day, and I actually surprised LL!

And, of course, here is our Valentine's Day cutie. Getting ready to go to Aunt Taryn's:


Last night we had dinner with Andy and Taryn and the kids, and Collette sported a casual Valentine's look--her giraffe with hearts T-shirt:

And today we went all-out and dressed up for church:


Including her monogrammed diaper from Aunt Leanne--she is finally big enough that it fits her! Precious.


Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment