
He is showing off his fancy VetWrap job by fellow Vet Dr. Williams-- LL had been bitten by a cat during an exam. Luckily, it wasn't too deep, and he was able to call his doctor and get some antibiotics sent to the pharmacy without having to go in for an office visit.
Then his past week, I get a call from him at about 11:00pm (he was on farm calls and I hadn't seen him at all that day). "Hey, hon, I'm gonna be a little bit late. I got kicked by a horse." Of course, I was trying to remain calm, but I have known people who have been severely hurt (and one even killed) by a horse kick. He assured me this kick was not so bad; the horse was already down and apparently kicked him in the calf and foot while it was attempting to do a death-roll. I was trying to figure out how to get him to the ER when I heard munching on the other end of the phone. "Where are you?" I asked him. "At Dr. William's house eating pizza. My stomach was eating itself!!" Well, it's all about priorities, isn't it? No need to rush to the ER if you're hungry! Anyway, luckily for him, Dr. Williams had gone with him on the call (she is getting into large animal practice and has been wanting some extra experience), so she volunteered to take him to the ER. What a blessing! I was about to call my in-laws at 11:30 at night to ask them to watch Collette so I could take him! Instead, we stayed home and waited for more info. LL went to the nice hospital where we had Collette, and was in and out within an hour, with radiographs! Turns out there were no broken bones, just bruising. He was home about 1:00 am, limping but ok. Luckily he had the next day off to recuperate. and is doing fine, now. Here are some pretty shots of the leg:


At the ER one of the nurses told him that these things tend to happen in threes... let's hope she's wrong and the cat bite and horse kick are it for a while!
1 comment:
Kristen...I'm sure it's harder on you than it is LL! He is so good at taking things with a grain of salt! I'll be praying there's no third! Miss you!
Becky Sue <><
Post a Comment