Tuesday, July 6, 2010

8 Months Old!

Well, here we are again, celebrating another month of Collette! Eight months!!! (Insert my favorite "I can't believe it's been ____ months!" phrase here.) This little girl is just such a joy to us! I love watching her grow and change all the time.

So what's new with Collette at eight months?

~Well, the big one I already shared with you--she's officially a crawler now! She's not really fast at it yet (thank goodness!) but she definitely makes her way around, and of course goes right for anything that is not baby-approved...shoes (to suck on), power cords, the dogs' fur, etc. She's going to keep us very busy this month!

~She is still loving solid foods. She eats baby cereal, fruit, and veggies every day. She also loves puffs and enjoys teether biscuits (which make a HUGE mess so she doesn't get them very often).

~She is still a great sleeper, and usually sleeps from about 9:00pm to 8:00am.

~She is a little chatterbox! She says "mama" and sometimes "mom," "dada" and a bunch of other sounds. I'm not entirely sure she associates "mama" and "dada" with us yet, but she's working on it. :o) She usually wakes up chatting and not crying.

~She has FINALLY started napping well without the use of her swing. For the longest time, she would cry and scream and cry if I put her for a nap in her crib or pack and play--and NOT clam down; I couldn't "wait it out." But the second I put her in her swing, she would be out like a light. So frustrating! This month she started to nap well in her crib or pack and play, hallelujah!

~Collette still has not one tooth in her cute little mouth. She seems to be teething a lot, but so far, no visible results!

And now what' you've been waiting for--the official eight month photos!

Her Daddy picked out this elephant dress and the matching barrettes. :o)

Cute, but the pigtail is covering her sign...


Proof of the teething:


Okay, I just can't pick one of these, they are all too cute!



No comments: