Playing with Daddy:


(I jokingly asked him if he "sparkled in the sun" like a vampire, but sadly, no) LOL
She had a great time playing in the sand:


And hanging out with Tabby:

And pretending to be a supermodel:

And then she and Daddy went swimming for real and she L-O-V-E-D it! She kicked those chubby little legs and moved her arms and looked for all the world like she knew just how to swim:


She wasn't the only one who had a great time at the beach--so did the rest of the cousins!






Big Papa and Teddy didn't get in the water, but they had a great time, too:

Collette played and played and played on the beach and in the water. She was having such a great time that I let her play into her regular nap time. She was just as happy as could be, but finally I decided it was time to give her a break. So I got her changed and cleaned up (man that sand is impossible to get off!) and put her in her stroller to go back to our shady picnic area for a nap. About 2.5 seconds later, this is how she looked:

Seriously, it was probably a 2 minute walk, tops, and she was asleep before we got back! And she slept for a good 2 hours.
Eventually, everyone got tired and decided to take a break in the shade:

Here is the sweet girl at our picnic site:

We ended our day by stopping for "dinner" at The Purple Cow ice cream shop, where I got a pretzel cone, which made me happier than it probably should have. :o) If you haven't ever had a pretzel cone, FIND ONE AND TRY IT IMMEDIATELY.
Anyway, we had a great day. Hope y'all did as well. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment