Thursday, July 15, 2010

Creative Baby-Proofing

As I mentioned, my child has an affinity for power cords. She tried to get them at every opportunity, and there is one spot in our living room that I can't figure out how to "baby proof". We have a power strip for all of our TV and DVD stuff, and the outlet isn't directly behind where the TV is, so Little Miss Busy Body can get to it. We could move the TV stand to be in front of the outlet...but then it would be in front of our window, which I really don't like. So, I needed to come up with a creative solution. Enter: Collette's new toy.


My great friend Lacosta gave us this toy that her kids used long before Collette was mobile, so we had it upstairs out of the way. When I brought it downstairs, I realized it would fit perfectly in the spot that needs to be baby-proofed! And the best part-- Collette LOVES it! She has spent so much time crawling all over it, playing with the ball that goes in all the holes, and making it play music and flash its lights. It's great! Here she is in action:





This is my favorite--she will stand on her tippy-toes with her little behind in the air to play! Ha! (And don't you just want to pinch those cute chubby little thighs!?!)


And speaking of creative baby-proofing, last night LL watched Collette while I went to visit with a friend. When I came home, this is what I found in the doorways of our living room:


I guess he got tired of chasing Collette, and decided to use our new shipment of dog food, still in boxes, to hem her in. We have baby gates, but only the kind that you mount to a door frame on a semi-permanent basis, not the kind that are easily put up and removed. I applaud his ingenuity, but today we went to Target and bought some pressure-mount baby gates. :o)

No comments: