Sunday, September 26, 2010

Anniversary and Baby Dedication

We have had us an action-packed weekend!! First of all, let's just get this out of the way and say GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS! We had a great time watching them whoop Georgia last night and were SO sad that we couldn't be there cheering in person! I think we scared poor Collette to death though, because she was playing on the floor in living room while we were watching the game and something dramatic happened, and LL and I both shouted "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ARGH!! You've got to be KIDDING ME!!!" (or something akin to that) and poor sweet Collette just looked at us and started crying. Big, sad, scared sobs. Poor baby!! We tried to cheer a little quieter from that point on. :o)

Yesterday LL and I celebrated 6 years of marriage. Here we are on our happy day-- I can't believe it was 6 years ago!!

For our anniversary this year, I decided to get LL a Bunn Coffee System. We had gotten a wonderful coffee pot as a wedding present, but it bit the dust earlier this year, and the replacement pot we got was just never up to par. LL would complain bitterly about it, and mentioned all the people we know with Bunns. So, I decided to use my Kohl's coupon plus Kohl's Cash and got a GREAT deal on this baby! Nora (who spent the night after the 5K) and I stayed up late getting the coffee pot ready, so that when LL came down in the morning he would find it. And despite not having any coffee at that point, he noticed right away! :o) Here he is with his newest kitchen gadget. And rest assured, we have put it to good use already!

Today was another special day for us. Today we dedicated Collette in our church. Collette tends to be a pretty happy baby, and really shy, so I wasn't too worried about standing up in front of church with her, and letting the pastor hold her. I was right not to be worried about that. What I should have been worried about, however, is what a COMPLETE AND TOTAL HAM she is. We got up there in front of the entire congregation and my daughter starts clapping, grinning, waving, and chatting away at everyone. She wanted me to hold her, LL to hold her, Pastor Darrin, to hold her, etc. so that she could visit with everyone and get a better view of "her" audience. She had everyone cracking up. And I was torn between thinking she was adorable and being MOR. TI. FIED. At one point, Pastor Darrin was attempting to talk about the significance of the dedication, and the importance of raising Collette in a Christian home, and she was hamming it up, waving and saying "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" and Pastor Darrin finished his sentence and said "And none of you heard a word I said, did you?" LOL. We did manage to get a few pictures, although I had a fingerprint on my camera and didn't realize it, so there is a fuzzy spot in all of the pictures. GRRRRRRR. And it was chilly in church so I had put my sweater on during the service, and inadvertently left it on for the pictures, even though it didn't exactly match. Oh well. Anyway, LL's parents, his sister, his brother Andy and family, and Grandma Reitz were all able to come for the dedication:

Pastor Darrin with us:

After church we hosted lunch at our house. We had hot pepper jelly and cream cheese spread with crackers, pumpkin soup, smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn muffins, caramel apple cake with ice cream, and coffee punch. Can you say yumm-o?Nearly all of LL's family was able to come and join us for lunch, as well as Pastor Darrin and his family, and our good friend Anna. All together, we had 20-some people!


Sweet Collette in her fancy dress:

My friend Lacosta had given us a fun ball toy that her kids had outgrown, and Collette and the cousins had a great time playing with it after lunch:


Collette and Tabby, best buds. Clearly, my child is very shy and introverted. LOL.

After everyone left, we all took a long Sunday nap. DIVINE. We haven't done that in forever!! It's been a great weekend. :o)

No comments: