Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Big Run

Well, last night was it! The Big Run! As I mentioned before, my friends and I have been doing the Couch to 5K program, and last night was our big run! We ran the Lewisburg Lights 5K, which was a night race (Lewisburg's known for their town lights, which look like this:).

The race started at 8pm, so the four of us running--Nora, Lacosta, Danielle, and I-- and our families all had a light dinner together before the race. The four of us have all been friends since college (and Danielle and Lacosta grew up in the same area and have been friends forever) and we have all been roommates at some point during college or after. So it was so fun for us to get together with our families! After dinner it was time to go to the race. Danielle is the only one of us who has done a race before, so it was a novelty for us to get a bib number and an ankle chip! Here we are just after registration:

Gotta love Nora and her number!


Oh yeah... did I mention it was NINETY ONE DEGREES yesterday?!? With CRAZY HIGH humidity?!? It was. And it TOTALLY felt like we were running in Mississippi!!!

Here we were right before the race began:

We decided that we would all start the race together, but then keep our own paces if we weren't naturally running the same pace. We all ended up finishing within several minutes of each other. Nora and Danielle actually finished with the exact same time. Here they are running:

And here I am coming across the finish line!

My time was 33:30.

Collette and Daddy were there cheering:

And my SIL Gwen came, too, although I didn't get a picture of her. It was sweet of her come! :o)

After the race we all went back to Lacosta's house and had some dessert (hey, we just burned a lot of calories! LOL) and then Nora and Steve spent the night at our house (they live over an hour away). Today everyone came to our house for a picnic lunch. It was BEAUTIFUL today-- sunny and in the 70s. Why couldn't it have been like that yesterday? :o) Oh, well. I didn't get a lot of pictures from today, but here are a few:

Nora with Caleb (Danielle little boy) and Coventry (Lacosta's little girl):

Steve with Baby C:

Nora and I:

And what would a gathering be without a picture of dessert? LOL I made creme brulee and chocolate cobbler. MMMMMMMMMMMM


It has been a fun weekend already and there is still lots of more fun to come!! I will update you soon on our other exciting happenings. :o)

No comments: