Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lately....

What we've been up to lately....

A requisite picture for every child, Collette has discovered the joy of the laundry basket. I don't usually leave them on the floor because someone loooves to "help" with the laundry, but this week Little Miss opened the door to the bathroom and emptied one before I knew it (luckily it had dirty laundry in it). She then pushed it into her playroom to enjoy. :o)




We've had some excitement with our sewer line this week. Actually, the problem has been ongoing, but this week our contractor, his helper, my FIL, and BIL Andy all came to dig up our yard to pull out and replace the faulty pipes.


Collette loved watching Pap and Uncle Andy through the window, and eventually I moved the ottoman over so she could sit and watch the action.



They got the line fixed, but my yard is still half-dug-up with the fence down and the Bobcat in the middle of the yard. I didn't take a picture of this marvelous Redneck sight so you will just have to use your imagination. :o)

On LL's day off this week, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and walk down to the farm and visit. Collette was pretty excited to go, and even put on her sunglasses for the occasion (that didn't last long, though).




Once we walked the almost-mile to the farm, Collette got to go with her big cousins Autumn and Oliver to help Grandma collect eggs, play on hay bales, see the baby calves, and chase down cats and the dog. LOL Then we got to watch LL examine some cows. Collette loved to be outside, see the animals, and her extended family. It is so fun to see her really starting to enjoy the farm, and I foresee lots of walks to the farm in our future!

No comments: