~She has never called herself "Collette." I have actually never heard her say her name! She refers to herself as " 'Lette" or most often nowadays, "Lettie." Her cousins often call her "Collettie" so I think she just shortened that, but I have never heard anyone besides her call her "Lettie." Maybe she's trying to tell us she doesn't like her name?
~She is obsessed with "cheers." As in, the action of clinking glasses and saying "cheers," not the TV show. Again, I'm not entirely sure where this got started, she was doing it before New Years, and we aren't in the habit of doing "cheers" a lot in our house. :) Collette has taken "cheers" to a whole new level. We don't just clink glasses, we clink plates, forks, spoons, toothbrushes, phones, or any other object we are both holding one of. She loves to shout "cheers" and tell us exactly how to clink our objects-- "this side, Mommy!"
~"I crying!" Collette now feels the need to tell me when she's crying. It's so cute, albeit a little pathetic, to see her sobbing with tears running down her face, saying "I crying!"
~She really likes praying now. Sometimes she refers to it as "praying", and sometimes she refers to it as "Thank you, God." Our prayers always start out with "Thank you, God, for...." and from there it's any one's guess! She regularly thanks God for family (including cousins, grandparents, etc.), close friends (Nora and Baby Evan are very popular) and then anything else she likes-- for example, last night we thanked God for the bathtub, her cup of milk, our dogs, the dogs' food, and oranges. :)
~"Watch this, Mommy!" I now hear this phrase many, many times a day, and it is usually followed by Collette showing off a new dance move, somersault, or split. Again, I'm really not sure where she picked this up, particularly the somersaults and spits, since I definitely haven't been showing her that! LOL. Perhaps it's time for a tumbling or dance class?
~She does an awesome impression of "baby brudder." I will have to get it on video... she opens her mouth really wide, waves her arms around, and makes a noise very similar to the one he makes. :) She is also very excited when baby brother "wakey, wakey" (wakes up). As soon as he starts to stir, she will go over and announce with glee "wakey, wakey, baby brudder! Baby brudder wake up!" She is such a big helper with him. She loves to get a burp cloth, diaper, or paci, and asks to hold him and pat his head or his back. So sweet.
She is such a fun little handful. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment