~"I missed you." Collette loves to say "I missed you!" and then give hugs. She will say it multiple times a day, even if we really haven't been away from each other. So sweet!
~"Big hug, Mommy!" She never just wants a "hug" anymore. She always asks specifically for a "big hug" and loves giving them.
~"That's my sit-down!" For some reason, Collette calls her seat a "sit down"-- probably because I'm always telling her to sit down! LOL I will remind her the word is "seat" and she will say "yeah, seat," and then continue to refer to it as a "sit-down." Ha!
{Making silly faces at her "sit-down"}
~"Hoodup" She uses "hoodup"as one word-- as in, "I want my hoodup" or "I no want my hoodup" as opposed to just saying "hood." And she associates having her her hood up with it raining, probably because one time when we were out in the rain she kept putting her hood down and I was constantly saying "Collette, leave your hood up! It's raining!" So now every time I put her "hoodup" she asks "It's raining?" LOL
~"Good job! Take a bow!" This one cracks me up. I'm really not sure where she picked up the phrase "take a bow" but she has. Not too long ago, she saw one of the bulbs in our dining room chandelier had blown. She said "Oh no, Daddy! The light! Fix it Daddy!" So he did. And she responded with "Good job, Daddy. Take a bow!" LL looked at her incredulously, and said "you show me how to take a bow." So she did. :) With one hand behind her back and one hand in front of her, she bowed at the waist. It's now one of her favorite affirmations, usually given with a thumbs-up.
{Showing off a double-thumbs-up}
~"I'm coming too!" I must hear this about 15 times a day, at least. Whatever I'm doing, Miss Collette has decided she wants to do, too. Most often this occurs in the kitchen, where she is busily dragging a stool over to the counter to help me make food. But I hear little footsteps and "I'm coming too, Mommy! I'm coming too!" with almost every household chore--taking laundry upstairs, unloading the dishwasher, etc. If Daddy is home, she is "coming too" to help him fix the furnace, water the pigs, or get milk. She's starting to be a good little helper. :)
{The result of Collette "coming too"}
~"Sing 'Jesus Bible' and 'Jesus Black and White' Mommy!"-- Collette likes to come up with her own names for things (just ask Bumpa and Great Bumpa! Ha!) and she has renamed "Jesus Loves Me" to "Jesus Bible" and "Jesus Loves the Little Children" to "Jesus Black and White." She likes for me to sing those songs to her before nap time and bedtime, especially. ~ Collette still refers to any flouncy dress or skirt she can twirl in as a "Tinker skirt." She loves her Tinker Bell costume and loves to twirl in it. Tinker Bell is now almost ridiculously short on her, but she still loves it dearly. :)
{In mid-twirl}
~She is such an observant little thing. We were eating dinner the other night and she point to LL's shirt and said "Oh, that's my room!" We asked her to repeat herself and she said "That's MY room!" pointing again at his shirt. We were puzzled and about to just move on because obviously she wasn't making any sense, when she reached over and pointed at a pink spot of paint on LL's shirt. He had worn that shirt while painting her room, and it had the pink paint stain on it. :)
She continues to be such a joy and we are so blessed to have her! I can't wait to see what changes two and a half will bring!






No comments:
Post a Comment