Friday, September 14, 2012

A Day at the Playground

I feel like I have been starting every post lately with "things are so busy!" It has been an adjustment for me to rejoin the working world, and be gone to afternoons/evenings a week, as well as trying to squeeze in class work while at home with to very active little ones. And of course the end of summer is always a busy time for us with all of the canning we do.  In the past few weeks we have been having a tomato and grape extravaganza-- we have canned whole tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, two varieties of to-die-for-good salsa (extra-hot, and spicy with corn and black beans), tomato juice, ketchup (which I actually use more like a marinade), and harvested our grapes and canned grape juice.

But today was different.  My niece Tabby came over for part of the day, and when Collette heard Tabby was coming she said "To my house?!? And then we are going to the playground?" And I couldn't think of a single reason to say no. :)  It was a beautiful day, and by 9am we were at our favorite playground.  The girls had a blast playing together, and Trey enjoyed himself too. 

The girls loved swinging together in the big swing.
They kept saying they were swinging "as high as an airplane."


 
Trey was a big fan of swinging, too.  He giggled and giggled as I pushed him.


And I got a chance to soak up some sunshine, push cute kids in swings, and just relax. A perfect way to spend the morning!

It was so nice outside and we were having such fun that I totally lost track of the time and we missed Little Guy's morning nap time.  As soon as I put him back in the stroller, he found that thumb and he was out!
 
 


No comments: