~ She is absolutely fearless in most situations. This summer she went on big rides at Knoebels, off the diving board (repeatedly) in swim lessons, and down adult-sized water slides without batting an eye. The only current exception to her fearlessness is thunderstorms. She does not like thunder, particularly at night when she's in bed, and will often say for a few days after a storm, "I don't want it to rain again!"
~ She loves to meet new people and will frequently announce upon seeing a group of people (kids or adults) "Mommy, look at all of my friends!" I never have to worry about dropping her off at Sunday School, MOPS, or any other place where I may have to leave her. She barely looks back. :) When I take her shopping (and I almost never go shopping without her) she tries to talk to and get the attention of everyone she sees. She has started saying "Hello, lady!" "Hey guy!" and my personal favorite, "Hey, Little Lady!" (to a grown woman.) I am always torn between cracking up and dying of embarrassment. When she gets their attention, she usually says, "Hi, I'm Collette. I'm 2. This my baby brother, Trey (which she pronounces "Tay"; still having trouble with that "r" sound). This is my mommy. You want to come talk to me?" Gregarious with a capital "G," this kid.
~ She has started using more grown-up words, like "actually" and "probably" and phrases like "that will be fine." When she wants LL to pay attention to her, she wills say "Focus, Daddy, Focus!"
~ She will say "very" instead of "really." She tells us on a regular basis, "I very, very, missed you, Mommy!" Or, "I very, very, very, love you, Daddy."
~ She likes to call us her "best friends." She will say "Mommy, you the best. You my best friend!" Then LL will say "What about me?" And she will say, "You're my second friend." :) She also calls Trey and the dogs her best friends.
~ She still loves Minnie Mouse, and "Big Minnie" (her stuffed Minnie) goes most places with her.
~She has finally started to sit still to color or paint for a little bit longer periods of time. She still loves to play with blocks and puzzles, and loves to pretend. She loves to play "doctor" to people or animals, and likes to play in her kitchen. She's still not into dolls, but will use them as a prop when she pretends to go shopping and needs a baby for her shopping cart. :)
~ She is almost off the charts for height and weight. People frequently look to me for verification when she says she's 2; I think her size and all that hair still throw people off a little bit. The last time we measured her at home, she's 39.5 inches and 38 pounds.
~ She likes to sing, and sings a lot more now than she did. Her current favorite is the "ABC" song, and she loves Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, BINGO, Who Built the Ark? and God Will Take Care of Me. She also likes the "Soft Kitty" song from Big Bang Theory! (Not that she has ever seen the show. But She was pretending to be a kitty so I sang it once and now she requests it almost every night.) When we get in the car, she always requests "her songs," a Christian kid-songs CD.
~ She is still and early riser most days and will come into our room announcing, "Mr. Sun is up!" She then climbs into our bed, crawls inbetween us, demands a pillow all to herself and the covers, and will roll back and forth, wiggle all around, and talk a blue streak until we get up. She has almost never slept in our bed. If she hears Trey wake up, she goes into his room and throws every toy in his room into his crib for him.
She really is such a joy; we are so blessed! I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring!






No comments:
Post a Comment