Truly.
We look forward to it all year long, and start dreaming about donuts as the day draws near. Now that our kids are a little bit bigger, they get excited to help make (and, obviously, eat) the doughnuts, too.
This is my fifth year making donuts with the Reitz clan. Hard to believe. The first year I helped, LL was finishing up vet school, and I was pregnant with Collette-- even though I didn't know it yet. And doughnut day was one of my very first blog posts! :)
This year, I didn't get too many pictures. First, I forgot my camera, so I was relegated to using my cell phone. But more importantly, we had 6 kids 6 and under (ages 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, and newborn!), so there wasn't a whole lot of time for picture taking. :)
Rolling out the potato doughnut dough:
Since Fastnacht day was so close to Valentine's this year,
we had to make some heart shaped doughnuts!
Someone may have been slightly overzealous with the flour.
Evolution of a doughnut:
Autumn, Tabby, and Collette had a great time taste-testing the doughnuts.
And Trey decided taking bites was overrated.
He shoved this entire doughnut hole in his mouth as soon as he got his hands on it. :)
(Don't worry, I didn't let him have it all. Ha!)
I hope you enjoyed doughnut day as much as we did!






No comments:
Post a Comment