Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

I'm getting behind on blogging again! We just got back from a long weekend trip (which Collette keeps calling "our summer vacation," even though it's winter...ha!) and I will blog about that soon, but first, I thought I'd recap Valentine's Day.

My MOPS group met the day before Valentine's Day, and this month they were featuring crafts/talents of various Moms.  I volunteered to show the moms in my group how to make easy, no-sew appliques for shirts.  I adapted three Valentine's designs I found online to use for shirts, and got the material and patterns so the moms could easily make them for their kids.  I think the designs turned out cute:


And they are even cuter on some very cute little people:




On Valentine's morning, we gave the kids a few goodies.  I don't generally get much for Valentine's, but after Christmas I found huge clearance sales at Target, so I got a few goodies for the kids-- new character towels, p.j.'s, a book, and a toy.  Everything was less than $5.  Score!





The kids were pretty excited by their new loot! :)

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day, too! 

No comments: