Sunday, April 27, 2014

Awana Closing Program

Collette participated in Awana, a Bible program for kids, this year. She loved going every week, and did very well learning her verses.  They recently had their closing program, where they were able to showcase some of the things they learned. Of course I came prepared with my camera, only to discover I had left the camera card at home.  So I could only get a couple of pictures with the camera's internal memory.  Oh well.

Their leaders decided to focus on the story of the Candy Cane.  The kids shared about the symbolism of the candy cane, using various props.  Collette was so excited, because she was asked to wear a special red dress and white scarf, to symbolize the colors of the candy cane. Right up her girly alley. :)






After the kids did their performance, they each got called up to receive their certificates and goodie bags. Of course Collette wouldn't turn around, so this is the best I got! :)
I'm glad she had such a good time in Awana this year.  She loved her leaders and the other kids, and is eager to return next year!

No comments: