Monday, February 2, 2009

Blog Stalker....

Okay, so I have been a blog stalker for a long time now. And I kept saying "I am going to start my own blog!" But now that I am moving from Dixie (Starkville, MS) to Dairy (a dairy farm owned by my husband's family in central PA) I have decided the time has come! The count-down has started... we move in less than two weeks. I can hardly believe it! When my husband Lloyd and I moved here almsot four years ago for him to start Vet School, four years seemed like an eternity! Now I can't believe how quickly it has gone! And even though I am originally from New York, I have grown to love the people, food, phrases, and even some of the weather (minus the humidity, scorching sumer heat, and tornadoes) of the deep south. So, here is where we live now:






(Notice my cute Newfie Bingo lounging on the font deck!)
Yes, we live in a double-wide trailer in Mississippi. And, as scary as that may sound to you Northerners out there, it is seriously a really nice house in a really nice area and I have come to love it! Here is where we are going to be moivng:






Looks nice, right? It probably will be... someday soon. This is our new/old house in rural central PA, where we are moving so Lloyd can start his career as a DVM working in a mixed practice. However, for now this is a 100+ year old house that previously housed OVER 50 CATS and an elderly couple in thier 90's who had not updated since the 1960s. I anticipate that many, many posts on this blog will be about the progress (hopefully!) we are making on this house. So keep checking back! I will keep you updated as we move, start new jobs, and adjust to life almost on the farm!

1 comment:

We're CAJUNS now! :o) said...

Yay! I am so excited! I am also so impressed by this blog, its so cute! I love it! :)

Tiffany