Sunday, February 8, 2009

Surprise Farewell Party

We have made such wonderful friends during our time in MS, I can't even begin to describe it. Last night, Lloyd and I were invited to go out to dinner with our great friends John and Leanne and their adorable baby Mary Audrey (check out her blog listed on my favorites). That afternoon, Leanne called us to come over to her house, and it turns out our friend Amanda and her son Jack (see The Adventures of Jack blog), who moved to LA last year, had come back to visit! We had a great afternoon catching up with them and all planned to go to the Veranda for dinner later that night. When we got to the Veranda, many of our other friends were already waiting there to surprise us! We were truly surprised and so touched! We had a great night with everyone and a real highlight was Leanne reading a sweet and funny poem she created about our time in MS. When I get a copy of it, I will be sure to post it. Leanne you may have missed your calling! :o) Anyway, here are some pictures from our fabulous party!
Here are some of the party-goers (You can't see Jack in the other group shot so I had to put this one in too, even though I cut off Ashley. Sorry Ashley!)

Another group shot:

John and Mary Audrey (isn't she too precious?)

Here are Leanne and Mary Audrey (check out the cute monogrammed bib!)

Me and my sweet friend Kathryn:

Kathryn, Ashley, and Jax (so cute!)

And our yummy cake:

Thank you to everyone who was able to come! And to many more of our wonderful MS friends too! In addition to the party, our friends all signed a plate that is going to be finished at Dandy Doodlez, a paint-your-own-pottery shop that we love. I can't wait to see the finished product! Thanks again everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I'm so glad we could surprise you last night!

~Kathryn