


Here is the kicthen with the current appliances (thanks to my parents for that wonderful graduation present for me and Lloyd!). We recently bought new countertops, and those are going to be put in soon. Since they had a mamoth stove, my stove doesn't quite fit. When we get to the kitchen, the contractor is going to build a little shelf/cabinet next to the stove so we don't have that gap anymore. Also, since we can't find a hood that size anymore and custom ordering one would be a nightmare, we painted it black yesterday. It needs another coat tomorrow and I will post those pics, too. The spot for a fridge was small, and there was no spot for a dishwasher, so we are putting the dishwasher in the old fridge spot and moved the fridge to the other wall. The contractor is going to put a shelf above the dishwasher to hold the microwave, so that will give us some more counter space and not make the smaller cabinets look so out of place. The washer/dryer are temporarily in the kitchen until we finish the bathroom, so at least they are operational.
The countertops:

Kitchen Pics:



I love the view out our kitchen windows--it is so strange seeing nothing but fields when I look outside!


Here is another fun feature of our old house--the built-in pantry. It is so neat, but unfortunately it is not in the kithen. It's in the room next to the new bath/laundry. However, since I have somewhat limited cabinet space and it was so neat, Nora and Lacosta and I decided it would be a shame not to use it. The shelves go all the way to the ceiling, and there is a ledge to store potatoes, onions, etc., and then cabinets and drawers at below. Very fun.


Nora and I recently went to our favorite store, Gabes, and they had area rugs on super-sale, so the next day I went back with Taryn and got one for the dining room and one for another room--it is the the living room now, but it may end up in the study, I am not sure. Anyway, here are some before and during pics of the dining room and living room:







Our bedroom is finally mostly together, too....the guys had to saw the box spring almost in half to shove it up the stairs, before reassembling it in our bedroom. And our dressers are filled. However, there is no clothes rack in our closet--just some pegs in the back (for our overalls and bonnets, I presume?) so I am having a hard time putting away all of our clothes. I hung min in the blue wallpaper room, but LL is waiting until we can get a rod in our closet. So for now, some of his clothes are still in boxes. It doesn't matter as much for him, since is is living out of a suitcase anyway. Here are some pictures of our bedroom. (Sorry there is so much junk on the dresser! We have used all of our bookshelves and I need to find a place for those books etc.)




Those are about all of the pictures I have right now. I will post some more of the other rooms as they get more presentable, and as updates are made.
Say a prayer for Lloyd has he starts his new externship Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment