Monday, March 9, 2009

More flower show :o)

Even though I posted a ton of pictures yesterday, I still have more! I will spare you all of them, but one thing that I thought was really awesome were the shoes decorated with flowers. Since Italy is known for designers and shoes, there was a whole shoe exhibit. Nora and I loved it! Here are some of my favorite flower shoes, as well as Nora and I posing with them.











There were also necklaces made entirely out of flowers:



And here are a few asorted other pictures--Dad, this one is for you--Dutch tulips!


And I thought this one was cool- a topiary weiner dog!


They were also selling a lot of cut flowers, and I couldn't resist bringing some home. 25 roses for $8.99! There were so many amazing colors it was hard to choose, but here are the ones I got:


Okay, that's probaby enough pictures from the Flower Show. I should have more house updates soon. The contractor finished laying the tile floor today, and is going to grout it on Wednesday. IF (big if) everything goes as planned, we may be able to put in our fixtures and appliances by this weekend! Very exciting. Lloyd is coming home this weekend, too, which will be great. We may be painting, depending on how much time we have. Anyway, the house is coming along, little by little. Today I steam cleaned the carpets again, and I think they may be okay now. I will have to post pictures soon of our guest bedroom--it is just about ready for visitors. Come visit!

No comments: