First, the windows are in! We are excited about this because they were back-orderd and it held up progress on the bathroom.

And the tile floor has been laid (here it is without the grout)

Yesterday it was grouted, and today I sealed it:

Tomorrow, if all goes as planned, they will be able to connect all of the fixtures, and we should have a functional bathroom! Hooray! I will, of course, post more pictues if/when that occurs.
Also, our spare bedrooms are coming along. I did a second steam-cleaning of the carpets and they look okay now. Since this is such an old house, two of the bedrooms are connected--you have to walk through one to get to the other. Both of these bedrooms are HUGE! The first room we are using as guest bedroom:



The second bedroom (the one with the fabulous blue flower wallpaper) I am fondly dubbing the Lloyd Vaughn Reitz, Jr. Memorial Library. I decided we didn't really need all of those books downstairs, so they now have a room. The dogs also love this room; they were eager to pose for the camera.



(Bingo and Bryon are so funny about the camera! Ever since I started giving them treats for doing a good sit/stay when I was trying to get pictures of them, now they rush to get in front of the camera and pose so that they can get a treat. Sometimes I actually have to shove them out of the picture! lol)
So doesn't Lloyd have a crazy number of books? And that isn't even all of them! However all of our bookshelves and the floorspace inbetween was my limit... there are still boxes in the attic that will have to wait until we have more space. :o)
So that's what's new around here. You are now all offically invited to come and stay with us because we have a guest room and will have a bathroom by this weekend. Lloyd is coming home tomorrow night, so that will be good. Hopefully we can accomplish some more projects on our to-do list.
2 comments:
The house is looking GREAT! I can't believe how quickly it's coming along. I love your appliances and they make the kitchen look like a totally different place. The bathroom tile also looks great! I am sure you will be thrilled when the bathroom is complete. However, I must say that my favorite picture was that of Byron and Bingo posing in Lloyd's library. So precious!
Thanks! I may be biased, but I thought they were pretty cute, myself. :o)
Post a Comment