Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bath/Laundry remodel prgress

Well, I would love to a "Big Reveal" like they always to on HGTV (and yes now that we have TV I am addicted to that channel), but I don't have any "after" pictures yet. I do have some "before" and some "during" pictuures, so I am going to post them, and maybe soon you will get to see some real "after" pictures. The most progress has been made on the bathroom/laundry room. We hit a snag with our windows being back ordered, but it may still get done this week or next week. That would be wonderful, since that will mean we have our very own operational shower! For now, we are still at the Farm. Actually, Lloyd left tonight for his next externship in Meadville, PA, about 4 hours away from here, so I am at the farm alone now. Anyway, we picked out paint for the bathroom (and the other downstairs rooms) this weekend, and we just finished painting the bathroom a few hours ago. Lloyd got all excited to do this "brush finish" technique on the walls, so we had to put on a base color (glazed pear in our case) and then a top color (chambray blue) and then drag a special brush through the paint to create a textured look on the walls. It was still drying so no pics of the final results yet but here are some bathroom before and during shots:
This was the half-bath before we started. Next to it was a screened in porch, which I have a picture of but it is on Lloyd's laptop on its way to Meadville so we are just going to have to wait for that one.

Here is our progress so far:








So it is coming along! This week we should be able to install the toilet, laundry sink and cabinet, washer and dryer, and windows. Hopefully! I will keep you posted. And because I am still on dial-up, and I am going to do a seperate post about the progress in other rooms of the house.

No comments: