

Today Taryn and I and Isaac and Tabby went shopping. I needed to get blinds because I don't have anything at all on any of my windows and you can see right in from the road. So I got some regular blinds for upstairs at walmart (thank you Sanders Sunday School class for the gift card! Used it for the first time today!) and then I got some cute bamboo blinds on clearance at Lowes. (Yes, I feel like I live at Lowes now). We made a few other stops too (yay for Target!) and then we all headed back to my house for lunch with my BIL Andy. After lunch, Taryn and I decided we would put up the blinds in the living room--what an ordeal! We tried to use the electric screw driver but it wouldn't fit with the brackets we had to use, and then I screwed in one of the brackets in the middle sideways, and then we stripped a bunch of screws trying to get them out and then in again... but two hours later, we had hung 3 blinds! (To be fair, we were also chasing Isaac and caring for Tabby at the same time, which did slow us down a little). Anyway, they are cute and at least now you can't see straight into my living room.
Here I am with the drill (photo courtesy of Taryn who said Lloyd would want to see that!)

And here is the finished result in the living room:

They will look even nicer when our paint is on the walls!
In other news, it is FRIGID here. The low for tonight is 5. The high for today was 23. Same for yesterday. This girl is used to Mississippi winters! I cannot believe how cold I am! I am definitely not adjusted to life up North yet. I had my electric blanket set on 7 last night, and I was wearing flannel pjs and socks! Also, I heard from Lloyd and he is enjoying his externship. He did lots of spays and neuters today and even castrated a horse. Tomorrow he is going on a lot of dairy farm calls so he is excited about that. It is even colder in Western PA, he said it is was -2 this morning. Not exactly great weather to be out making farm calls! Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer for him! As for me, tomorrow my SIL Gwen is coming over to help me at the house, so hopefully I will have more updates. I am also still job hunting and praying that the right doors will be opened during my job search. That's pretty much the news here. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment