Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello from Wisconsin!

Saturday Lloyd and I left to drive to WI. He is doing a 2 week externship there, and since I am still jobless, we decided I should come along to help drive and stay with my parents. They live about 3 hours south of where he is doing his externship. So Lloyd made me get up at TWO THIRTY IN THE MORNING to get ready to leave for WI. I thought he was joking, but no. We were on the road (with the dogs) before 3:15am. INSANITY! It was an almost 14-hour drive, and we made it to my parents' house about 4pm. To which my parents replied, "oh, good, you beat the snow." SNOW?!? Yes, folks, spring is slow to come to Wisconsin. This is the scene that greeted us later that evening and on Sunday morning:

The dogs loved the snow. They really haven't had much exposure to it, since they have been primarily southern dogs so far. Here are Bingo and Byron loving the WI spring:


At my parents church on Sunday, several people told me with all seriousness that in WI, spring will not come until you see a robin and it has had 3 snowfalls on its tail. According to their calculations, they have seen the robin and this is the second snow fall. We are expecting more snow tomorrow, so maybe after that it will warm up.

Lloyd left yesterday afternoon for his externship, and I am staying here with the dogs and spending some quality time with my parents and my grandpa, who lives right down the street from them. Tonight the Christian school is doing a fundraiser at the Pizza Ranch, a mid-western pizza chain, so we are going to take one for the team and go eat some pizza to help them raise funds. Should be fun. :o)

No comments: