Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Addicted to Sunshine

Hello, my name is Kristen and I am a sunshine addict. For the past 3 days, it has been GLORIOUSLY sunny and warm. LL and I celebrated Sunday afternoon by taking a really long walk--our first walk with Collette! It felt sooooooooooo nice to get outside and be active in the sunshine, since I have basically been indoors since I had Collette November 6th. Seriously, that's FOUR MONTHS! No wonder I was feeling a little crazy! We walked a "country block" of about 3 or so miles, with LOTS of hills. Here are my happy walkers on Sunday:


As you can see, there is still quite a bit of snow, but it's melting more and more every day.

Monday dawned bright and sunny again and my next door neighbor and SIL Niki called me and asked if I wanted to walk with her--did I!?! We walked on the half dirt/half paved road by my house, since we live in the sho'nuf country and there are no sidewalks anywhere in sight, and that road doesn't ever get any traffic. My nephew Oliver walked like a big kid (he'll be 3 next week) and Niki pushed a stroller for Karen and had Teddy in a front-pack. Oh, the logistics of walking 3 kids under 3! But we had a great time and agreed to walk together every day our schedules and weather permit. Today was even warmer, and so we walked again this morning... and I took Collette out again in the afternoon for another walk because IT. JUST. FELT. SO. GOOD. :o)

Tomorrow we are trying something new--Niki, our SIL Taryn, and the 6 kids are all going to Niki's church's MOPS group. Her church is about 40 minutes away, and MOPS starts at 9:00am, and if you know any Reitz's you know that timeliness is not our strong suit as a group, but we are excited to go and hopefully we will all make it there on time. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: