

And then last week my sweet SIL Niki brought over a cross-stitch sampler she made for Collette (seriously, with 3 kids under 3, how on earth did she have time to make that?!?). Here it is:

So, of course I had to hang that up right away, too. My mom is also making a cross-stitch sampler for Collette (also with jungle animals) that will hang on the other side, so for now we just will have to live with an "unbalanced" wall. Still cute, though:



And while I was in Michaels I found all kinds of fabulous ribbon and decided to borrow an idea from my super-creative friend Amanda and make Collette a bow holder, because you know it's like my child is naked if she doesn't have a bow in that hair!:o) Well, I will spare you all of the details but first I found everything I needed to make it, but then I had to go back to Michaels the next day because my hot glue gun got lost in the move, and didn't they get a whole new shipment of ribbon in?!? So I had to buy more ribbon and another animal and of course there were no unpainted animals so I had to take that into consideration and it all got very complicated because my color scheme had then changed and I had to bring Taryn in for moral support and guidance because she is very crafty. Anyway, after mixing paint colors, painting and re-painting the elephant, painting and re-painting the base, and adding color to the giraffe, this is what I ended up with:



Overall, even though I tend to be a smidgen perfectionistic about these type of things, I'm happy with the results.
While Taryn was giving me moral support we watched the bow-making tutorial Amanda and Leanne used to make our own hair bows with some of the ribbon. I actually was too tied up in the bow holder making, but Taryn made this cute bow and Tabby actually decided to leave it in:

Here she is sitting next to Collette, happy they both have bows (although Collette doesn't look too thrilled):

So next on the list is more hair bow making, since I found all kinds of cute ribbon for $1.00. We'll see how much I actually get accomplished! :o)
1 comment:
I'm so impressed with you!! Your bow holder looks wonderful and Tabby looks great with her southern bow. Yesterday I made several bows for Sydney, and she just did NOT appreciate me trying them all on her after I got done. HA!
Post a Comment