The Reitz clan always gets together to make homemade doughnuts, a traction I have come to look forward to!!
This year, Collette was pretty excited for doughnut day, too.


(don't you just love baby legwarmers?)
We headed over to the farm for a full day of doughnut making. Cousin Autumn and Collette helped roll out the dough and cut out doughnuts with some help from Aunt Gwen:




We made chocolate doughnut holes, glazed potato doughnuts, vanilla pudding filled doughnuts, coconut pudding filled doughnuts, cappuccino cream filled doughnuts with coca-sugar, powdered sugar doughnuts, chocolate-sprinkle doughnuts, and apple-filled doughnuts. Yes, we were busy!! And because all of my SILs and all of the kiddos were there, we all took turns chasing the 7 kids (ages 1-4) around as we did it! This year I didn't get as many pictures of the actual doughnuts, but you get the idea.


And the kids all loved them! Somehow I missed Tabby eating hers, but here are the rest of the cousin enjoying Fastnacht Day:
Isaac and Oliver:

Autumn:

Karen:

Teddy:

Collette:

The kids played really well together. One time I came in and saw all of the older kids sitting together holding hands and praying. Precious!

And the girls had a great time playing multiple rounds of "ring around the rosie." They kept their Great Grandmas very entertained!



Hope you enjoyed Fat Tuesday as much as we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment