Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pi Day!

Yesterday was Pi Day. Were you aware of that? I probably could have gone blissfully through my life without that piece of information, but since I'm married to Dr. Science Guy, he has informed me that March 14th is Pi Day-- get it? 3.14? LL even has a Happy Pi Day button he breaks out every year. I kid you not. Anyway, in honor of Pi Day, and with some coercing and cajoling from Dr. Science Guy himself, I made us a Pi Day treat. And what else would be appropriate but a pie? LL requested blueberry, his favorite. (Luckily, we froze tons of blueberries last year, so we had plenty on hand).

Collette, as always, was very helpful during the pie making process. :o)








I debated letting Collette help roll out the pie dough, but she seemed happy with her pans and it was a little bit quicker without her, um, assistance. :o)

The finished result:


Yes, I wrote "Pi" in the crust. LL later said I should have made the symbol for Pi, but that didn't even occur to me. Oh well. It was still tasty!

And just for fun, this is how I found the 5 cousins (minus Autumn and Teddy) on Sunday:


They all decided to climb onto the couch, and Isaac helped Collette get up so she could sit with them, too. Then they all pulled the blanket up and sat there, giggling. I only had LL's Blackberry for the picture, but still. Priceless. :o) You know it's impossible to get 5 kids age 4 and under to sit still and look at a camera and smile. And they just did it all on their own!

And--our bathroom is coming along!! I should have a picture-heavy update soon. The contractor his here working again today. We are getting closer! :o)

No comments: