When we came downstairs, Collette was so excited to see the tree and the presents!
Opening presents with the kids was really fun this year. They both got excited about their gifts and wanted to play with everything right away!
Opening presents!
Trey loved all of the boxes! The train LL found for the kids (bottom right) was a big hit!
Showing off her new apron and pink princess spatula!
We found this tutu outfit with a wand, headband, barrettes, and necklace at Target after Halloween for $5. Collette loves tutus (which she still calls "Tinker skirts" after her Tinker Bell costume with the tutu skirt) and had to try it on right away!
Uncle Tim sent this awesome MSU pillow pet, Collette loved her stocking stuffers, and LL wanted to get a picture of Collette and I after I opened one of my stocking stuffers. (It's a beautiful opal necklace, but you can't see it well in this picture.) Why, yes, I do look suuuuper tired! I think I was up until almost 2 the night before!
After our presents, Trey was beat and we put him down for his morning nap. Collette and LL got busy making our traditional Christmas breakfast-- beignets from Cafe Du Monde mix.
Wearing their aprons and ready to get to work!
Adding the powdered sugar...
My proud little chef:
After our morning at home, we went to LL's family for lunch and celebrated with them.
Collette is in love with the Snow White, Cinderella, and Rapunzel dolls she got from Gram and Pap!
Super excited Trey! This may be my favorite picture of him of the day.
Helping Daddy unwrap his gift from Gram and Pap:
Baby Amelia's first Christmas!
Grandma and Autumn showing off some more Purity Chocolate treats.
Gwen, Jon, and Autumn got Collette and Trey this ball pit.
As you can tell, it was a huge hit with all of the cousins!
Collette and Autumn playing her new game-- Hungry, Hungry Herd
(Hungry, Hungry Hippos but with Farm Animals. She loves it!)
One tired little boy snuggling with Grandma.
Our family picture from Christmas Day!
(We should have attempted it before the kids were so tired. We had to keep pulling poor Trey's thumb out of his mouth and trying to get him to smile. By the time we finally did, Collette had lost her real smile and had the "plastered on fake smile." Oh, well. I'm still glad we got one!)
Just for fun, because I love to look back on my pictures, here is our growing family
on the past four Christmas Days!

























No comments:
Post a Comment