I feel a little silly calling last weekend a "long weekend," because since I don't have a job, it wasn't really like I had a "long weekend." But, in a way I did, because we had Girl's Night Thursday, and Girl's Shopping Day Friday, before the weekend even technically got started, and I definitely had a lot of festivities. Anyway, I digress.
Thursday-- my closest girl friends from college and I were able to get together. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun. Many of these girls I hadn't seen in a long time, and it was so great to reconnect. We had a wonderful time of just talking and eating and talking. :o) Four of us who live further away were able to spend the night, so it truly was like a grown-up sleep-over. At about 1:30am, still awake and talking, we decided to start a chick flick. Who knows where all that energy came from? LOL. Around 3:30am, we finally went to bed. Here are all the girls, plus Kylee, Danielle's daughter, who wanted to be a "big girl" for the night:

Friday we got up and had a fabulous stuffed french toast breakfast made by Nora, and then headed to The Happiest Place In The World, Gabriel Brothers, affectionately known as Gabe's. Gabe's is our favorite store. I know I have posted about it before, but Gabes is an overstock/seconds store that has FABULOUS deals on clothes, shoes, housewares, etc. It is definitely a "thrill of the hunt" kind of store--not the type of place you can go if you are looking to get in and out quickly or want a specific item, but you can find GREAT deals. Like, I got a pair of New York and Co. jeans that I LOVE for $9.99 and a super cute dress to wear on our cruise for $12.99. And bonus, no sales tax in PA!! We had the best time in the dressing room trying things on and passing them from one person to the next, and everyone found some great deals. After Gabes, we went to the new Sonic by Nora's house. Of course, when I lived in Starkville and had access to Sonic 24-7 I never really craved it, but now that there is only one and it's an hour away, I need to make the effort to go there every time I'm in Harrisburg! Ha! After our Sonic run, we parted ways with two of the girls, and Nora, LC and I headed to her house for a picnic and to see the Lewisburg fireworks. Collette sported her Forth of July outfit for the occasion. :o)


LC's little girl, Coventry, who will be 5 in September, just loved Collette and was so helpful with her. Coventry wanted to hold her right away-- so cute. I also love Collette's falling-out pigtails in this one:
Coventry wanted to help feed Collette, too. I wasn't sure how that would go, but I decided to let her try, and they both seemed to enjoy it!



LC's little boy, Aiden, enjoying corn on the cob:

After the picnic, it was time for fireworks. I actually wasn't sure how she would feel about fireworks, since they are so loud, but she LOVED them! She never cried and didn't even look startled at the noise; she just watched, mesmerized, the entire time!


Mama and baby :o)

Saturday LL was on call and ended up working almost all day, so we didn't do much. Sunday, we hosted lunch for all of LL's family and family friends who are missionaries in Bolivia, home on furlough. It has been uncharacteristically hot and humid here, and since none of us have air conditioning, eating outside in the shade with a breeze was cooler than being inside (wrap your head around that, my Mississippi friends!) Anyway, we had a great time, and I made the most DIVINE coffee punch for the occasion.

Here is the recipe--you will definitely not regret making this!!
1 gallon strong coffee
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 pint half and half
1/2 gallon coffee ice cream
1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
Dissolve sugar in coffee while hot. Chill coffee for 45 min-1 hr. Mix in half and half, and add ice cream before serving.
Can you say YUM-O?!?? Move over, Starbucks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment