Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mini Vacation to Myrtle Beach

We had a great visit here with my parents and my grandpa, and we ended our visit by going to Myrtle Beach to visit with my brother. He works in the hotel industry, and just accepted a position as a manager of a hotel in Myrtle Beach. We were excited to see him, and it is an added bonus that he now lives in such a great location! LL did not get to go with us to Myrtle Beach, because he was on call, but the rest of us loaded the MV and we were off! Collette had never been on a long car trip and never slept away from home, so we were all a little worried about how she would do, but she did GREAT! We split the trip up into two days, since it was about an 11 hour trip, and she rode like a champ. And we took her pack n play, and she slept better in that than she had been sleeping at home the past few nights! We had a great visit with Tim and are excited that he is within reasonable driving distance now! It was a whirl-wind trip because my parents didn't have much time off, so we were only there for 3 days, but we had a great time. Here are some pictures from our trip:

Little baby in a big bed! Hanging out in the hotel on the way down:



Of course we had to stop at South of the Border.... when I was a senior in college my friends and I took a spring break road trip to Florida and stopped there at 3am as we were driving. For some reason we thought it would be hilarious to take our picture with all of their big animals. I particularly remember cracking up as Nora and I tried to ride this wiener dog, so of course I had to get a picture of Collette and I in the same spot (sorry about the quality....I took it with my phone so I could send it to Nora). Since it was the middle of the day, it was way too hot to sit on the wiener dog. :o)

Tim's hotel has a great long pier that is a beautiful place to stroll and watch the ocean. Here are Collette and my parents relaxing on the pier.



Wearing our sundress, ready for the day to begin!

Our first full day in Myrtle we went to the beach! Collette enjoyed playing on the beach:




But she did NOT love sunbathing (I think the sun was too bright for her eyes).

She dipped her feed in the ocean for the first time, too, but those pictures are on Mom's camera, so I don't have any pictures of that yet.

The next day it was raining, so we decided to go to the aquarium in the morning. It was really nice and Collette seemed to enjoy looking at the fish. I tried to get a good family pictures of everyone on the moving walkway was we went through the aquarium tunnel, but no one was paying me any attention so this is what I got. LOL

In the afternoon Mom and I took Collette to the baby pool. The resort is awesome and has lots of different pools, including several baby pools. She enjoyed playing in the water.




On Tuesday night we went to Margaritaville to celebrate Tim's 30th birthday. It's at Broadway on the Beach, and is so much fun. The food was great, and the restaurant is right on the water. We ate outside and had a great time. Our waitress has the same birthday as Tim, and got surprised him with a special dessert, and had the musician who was performing there lead everyone in the restaurant in singing to him. He was officially embarrassed but it was soooo fun. :o) It was so nice to be able to celebrate with him, particularly because he and Collette had never met before.



Our little mini vacation was over too soon, but LL and I are hopeful that we can go again together soon!

No comments: