Friday, December 3, 2010

Sickie

Collette and I took a trip to the doctor today! She has had a fever for the past two days and hasn't seemed quite like herself. I noticed she was warm on Wednesday afternoon, but she seemed better with some Tylenol and I chalked it up to teething. Well, Wednesday night she woke up around 10:30pm and wouldn't settle back down. She wasn't crying, but she would whine and didn't seem comfortable. I rocked her for a while and she seemed calmer, so I put her down in her crib, but she still didn't sleep. When I went back to check on her around 1:00am and she was crying and burning up with fever! We took her temp and it was 103.4. Poor baby!! I called our pediatrician (he was on call thankfully) and he said as long as she didn't have any other symptoms just keep giving Tylenol and Motrin and she should be fine. Great! Except for the fact that I couldn't find my Motrin. I had looked EVERYWHERE for it earlier in the evening, to no avail. LL mentioned me may have given some to her and finished off the bottle and forgot to tell me. So at 2:00 am I have a baby with a 103fever and no Motrin! I win the Worst Mom Ever Award. I decided to drive down to my in-laws bc I have a key to their house and my MIL is always uber prepared and I figured I could grab it and not have to wake them up. So I drove down, found a brand new box, brought it home, and realized.... it was more Tylenol! So much for my smart plan. I ended up calling my awesome SIL Taryn and she had some, so I drove back over (they live adjacent to my in-laws) and got it from her. After I gave Collette some, she settled down, but wouldn't sleep on her own, so she slept with us, with her fiery little head on my chest all night. :o) As long as we give her the Motrin, she's fine, but when it wears off, the fever comes back, so today I took her in to the doctor. I was worried it may be something like strep or an ear infection. Turns out, it's just a virus. The doctor said as long as she doesn't develop any other symptoms, we can just keep doping her up until the fever passes.
Weird, huh? She actually doesn't seem to feel bad when she's not feverish (febrile?). Here she is enjoying some chocolate chip pancakes yesterday (hairstyle by Daddy) :o)




Hopefully she's all better soon!

No comments: