Wednesday, April 6, 2011

17 Months!

Collette is 17 months today! Almost a year and a half old!!! How crazy is that?!? She really is at such a fun age now; she is learning new things all the time and so much fun to be around. Here are some of her highlights from this past month:

~She is "busy." People often remark "Wow, she sure is busy!" Do you think it's possible they mean "Wow, she sure is a handful. She is into everything all the time!"? Because that is probably pretty true. :o) Her new favorite thing to do is grab something she's not supposed to have and then when I see her with it, she will bring it to me, saying "here!" As is, "Here, Mommy, really, I'm being good! See how I'm bringing you this cell phone/camera/checkbook/marker/glass cup/etc. that I know I'm not supposed to have so I brought it right to you as soon as I found it?" Stinker.


~She L-O-V-E-S to play Ring-Around-The-Rosie. She calls it "down, down" (as in "we all fall down) and will grab the hands of anyone around her to play with her. She wants EVERYONE present to play with her, and will stop the game to grab the hand of a person standing on the sidelines. :o)


~She is such a lover. She comes up to me and to LL several times a day and gives hugs and kisses. If she climbs "bup" on the couch next to me she will take my arm and put it around her. :o) And if she sees LL and I hug, she always comes running, arms outstretched, to get in on the hug. So so precious!


~She likes to count, but she only counts "two." She says it with the exact same inflection in her voice that I use when I count "one, two, three" with her, and she will point to a different object each time, but she will say "two, two, two."

~As I have posted several times, she loves to wear accessories--hats, beads, sunglasses, etc. This picture cracks me up-- LL was taking her outside and she grabbed this fleece and this hat to wear, so he just went with it. Doesn't she look like a little vagabond?


~She continues to love the dogs with all of her little heart. Multiple times a day I have to stop her from attempting to get in the crates with the dogs (usually Bingo). I'm not always successful. :o)


~She has gotten 3 of her one-year molars and is working on her fourth one. However, she only has 6 teeth other than that. Two on top and four on bottom. It makes me laugh to see just her two front teeth and then molars! Where are her side teeth? LOL I think she may be working on them now, because she has been up at night crying again, which she usually only does when she is teething or sick.

~She is getting better at eating with a spoon and fork, but could still use a little practice. :o)



~She is a total chatterbox. She talks all the time-- whether we can make out real words or not. Her vocabulary has expanded so much this month! It's hard for me to think of all of the new words she is saying. She is saying the names of her cousins more (or attempting to) and will mimic a lot of words. When I came to pick her up from church nursery this week the workers told me they had been playing at a workbench with a hammer and screwdriver and Collette said "screwdriver." I haven't gotten her to repeat that one, though. She is working on identification of body parts and animal sounds.

I decided to post a few videos of Collette at the end of this post, since I haven't posted any in a while. Hopefully they don't take forever to load; I'm hoping it was my computer being slow today? Of course you know kids never do what you want them to do when you point a camera at them, but hopefully this will give you a little bit of an idea of what Collette is up to. :o) Since for some reason I can only get the videos to load at the end in a separate post, here are what the videos are about:

First video:
~Collette is learning more body parts. :o)

Second video:
~She loves to go out! She will get her purse, Elmo cell phone, and coat and go to the door saying "bye bye."

Third video:
I am going to regret the fact that I'm singing, I just know it! LOL
~She loves to sing. She current favorites are "Old McDonald" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" is one of her favorites and she likes to do all of the motions to it!

Fourth video:
~She is working on her animal sounds. She is learning more and more of them!

Happy 17 months, Collette!

No comments: