Well, LL enjoyed his chocolate-bacon cupcakes so much, he was on a bacon kick this whole weekend! Sunday night he decided to make biscuits and chocolate bacon gravy. I have heard about chocolate gravy from my Mississippi friends, but we had never tried it, so chocolate bacon gravy was definitely a departure for us (for those of you Northerners gagging at the thought of chocolate "gravy" there is really no "gravy" involved-- it's really just like a thick chocolate syrup, made with sugar, cocoa, and milk). We did have a small biscuit
malfunction and they didn't end up rising quite right, but they were still tasty. And anyway, who cares about the biscuits themselves when they are covered with this chocolatey-bacon-y goodness?

Collette thought they were pretty great too. It was almost bath time, so I just took off her shirt and let her have at it.

(Showing off her messy hands).
Smart girl. She went straight for the good stuff, and licked the gravy off before eating any of her biscuits.


Do you think I have a mini-chocoholic on my hands? I can't imagine where she got that from! *Ahem*
No comments:
Post a Comment