Friday, July 29, 2011

Farm Girl

As I think I have mentioned before, combining (for those of you unfamiliar with farm vernacular, "combining" is the the verb used for "driving the combine and harvesting stuff-- barley, wheat, etc.) has always been "LL's job" on the farm.  (I mean, other than all of the veterinary-related work).  I hear stories from his family about how he has always loved to ride on the combine, and even has a little boy would spend all day riding it with his Pap.  When he got old enough to drive it, it became "his" job.

Well, some things have changed, but LL still likes to combine when he gets the chance.  And now there's a new little person waiting to ride the combine all day. :)

Watching for Daddy to come:

Collette really wanted to drive the combine this year! She kept grabbing the steering wheel at every opportunity!



A future 5th-generation Reitz farmer?

1 comment:

Whitney said...

How precious! I know LL is proud.