Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fabric Flower Clips

I have seen these cute fabric flower clips around lately, and decided I needed to make a few for Collette.  It was actually a really easy project and I have plans to make a few more things adorned with fabric flowers. :)  I was going to take pictures of the step-by-step process, but I actually found a tutorial at a fun blog, and she did a great job explaining all of the details, so I will leave it to her.  Check out Natsprat's Rolled Fabric Rosette Headband Tutorial!

I again used fat squares from Walmart (at $1/square) and bought one variety pack of buttons. I started with teal and darker purple because we don't have bows that color yet.  Here is my finished product.  I just decided to use alligator clips for Collette (I got mine at Michael's craft store, an 8-pack was around $2 I think), because she isn't into headbands currently. :)

Sporting her new hair accessories (and clearly saying "cheeeeeeese" for the camera, which accounts for the strange face).
 Loving on her baby!

Now, go be crafty. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey! I made a bunch of these in fall-colored fabric and hot glued them to a grapevine wreath. LOVE the ones you made...Collette is getting so big!!