
So LL and I headed to Lowes on Thursday and got some stuff to redo the mailbox and a few other projects. I painted the post while LL tackled the brush around it, and here is our result:

1,000 times better! I'm sure our mail carrier is excited, too, to not have to use the broken mailbox. :o)
We also had the carpenter/contractor come help us hang our porch swing on the front porch, since he was the farm doing some other projects. Last year we had it in its original location on the back porch, and since it weighs a ton we didn't bother to move it (plus, we were too preoccupied with renovations inside the house to worry about the swing). With the contractor's help, we were able to get it moved, and we painted it the same color as our mailbox post. I'm not gonna lie, I was having flashbacks to being 38 weeks pregnant and crawling around on the floor painting baseboards and trim in the nursery. :o) We got the swing up and moved my Mother's Day hanging baskets, and now the front porch looks like a place we actually want to hang out! Hooray for home improvements!
No comments:
Post a Comment