Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Success!

So yesterday I told John that I would appreciate it if he could get his turkey today, because LL is off tomorrow and we hoped to do something fun. And if John would just get his turkey today, than he would be free to do fun stuff and not have to spend all that time hunting. That John is so considerate. He even went above and beyond, and got two turkeys with one shot! What are the odds of that? (I really have no idea about anything hunting-related. May it really is pretty common. So that is a real question, not a rhetorical one). So he came back to the house with his prizes and wanted to do some pictures with the kiddos, and we were only too happy to oblige, but first Collette had to do a wardrobe change. Those of you who knew me before marriage will probably really laugh at the following pictures and how my child is dressed. What can I say? Her outfit was handed down from Tabby and Autumn, and today seemed like the perfect day for her to sport it. I guess that's what happens when you marry into an outdoorsy hunting family.

Here she is with John, Mary Audrey, and the turkeys:

Yup. My child is wearing Camo (with lace) and Carhartts. But I mean, really, can this child GET any cuter?!?


With part of her "Mississippi Family," Uncle John, Aunt Leanne, and MA:

Then we had to drive over to Andy and Taryn's house to show off the birds, and we got a few pictures with all of the kiddos.

Mary Audrey just LOVES Collette and will say "baby" over and over and give her kisses. Today I caught her in the act:

So precious!

John and Leanne are going to fry the turkey and make a fabulous dinner with it later this week. Can't wait!

No comments: