Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Foodie Fun

As most of you know, LL and I are total foodies. We double heart love the Food Network and watch it all the time. Not too long ago, we were watching "The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Ice Cream" and they talked about this ice cream shop, Jeni's in Columbus, OH. Our friend and fellow Vet Sue is from Columbus, so we asked her if she knew of the place. And guess what? She did! So this past weekend, when she went home to visit, she was kind enough to bring back SIX KINDS of fabulous ice cream from Jeni's. We were soooooooooooooo excited! They even packed it on dry ice and gave her a cooler for free when she bought six kinds! So last night we had our Ice Cream Tasting party. Sue and our other Vet friend Anna were both able to come. I marinated steak for fajitas, made home made guacamole, marinated brie for an appetizer, and we did everything on LL's brand new grill. We've already got our money's worth out of it! Let me tell you, the food was fabulous even before we got to the ice cream course. I actually don't have any pictures, because my camera was dying, but here is a shot of the six types of ice cream from LL's Blackberry:

So here are the six kinds of ice cream we sampled:

1) Queen City Cayenne-- chocolate ice cream with a cayenne kick. All the favors were fabulous, but this was the one that got it the shout-out on The Best Thing I Ever Ate.
2) Salty Caramel
3) Buttered Pecan
4) Goat Cheese with Roasted Red Cherries
5) Cherry Sorbet
6) Poached Pear Sorbet

All of the flavors were soooooooooo good. I really can't describe how they were different from the ice cream that you buy in the grocery store, but--they were. And like, a million times better. :o) If you are ever within driving distance of Jeni's, you need to check it out!!

No comments: