I forgot to mention Lydia and I decided to make the mini-cupcake tree out of the Food Network Magazine for lunch on Sunday. It was decidedly harder than the directions made it sound, and getting even mini-cupcakes to stay almost-upside-down on a Styrofoam ball is quite the undertaking. Here were the results. We both decided we would try it again and be better prepared next time.


Andy and Scott got a turkey. They almost got 2 turkeys, but there was a gun malfunction....very sad, you will have to get one of them to tell you the whole story because I can't do it like a hunter can, but anyway, here they are with the turkey Andy shot:

Scott and I got Reed and Collette little Hershey's onsies that said "I'm Drooling." Too cute. Collette even sported her pigtails for the occasion. Here they are showing them off:


Are they not precious?!? Did you notice the hand-holding? :o) They wore their matching Hershey's shirts on Monday, and Lydia and I decided we would go to Hershey before meeting Nora for dinner later that night, since she and Reed missed the Sunday Hershey's trip. Well. That began the downhill spiral of our vacation. I started feeling sick when we got to Harrisburg, and by the time we got to Hershey I was sick as a dog with the stomach virus. I will spare you all of the gory details, but lets just suffice to say that going to Chocolate World was out of the question. We decided to go to Nora's to feed the kiddos and then go back home. Lydia drove because I was frequently getting sick and that's not something one can do easily when driving. Poor Lydia. She was such a great sport about the whole thing. We stopped at Nora's, I was sick a few more times, and then we drove the 1.5 hours back. IT. WAS. A. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. RIDE. By the time I made it home, LL met us at the car, looking kind of green, and saying "I have it, too." Later that night, as we were taking turns being sick, our poor sweet Collette got the bug, too. There is nothing worse than a sick baby on top of sick parents! Unless, of course, you happen to have out-of-state guests. Yup, then Lydia got sick, too, but at least her case seemed more mild. Luckily, it must have been a 24-hour virus, because we were all on the mend by the next day, but what a miserable 24 hours. Here is a picture LL took of Collette when she and I were sleeping on the couch.

Poor sweet baby. Let me tell you, she was not loving the pedialyte she had to drink all the next day, and has been STARVING ever since. She even woke up in the middle of the night last night crying becuase she was so hungry. She hasn't done that since she was 5 weeks old!
We spent the Edwards'last day in in PA just recuperating. It was kind of a sad note to end our visit on, but at least everyone was healthy by the time they had to get back on the plane. Minus the stomach virus, we had a great trip! I am so glad they were able to come visit, and especially that we got to meet each other's babies! :o)
After dropping off the Edwards' in Harrisburg, LL and I went to Babies R Us. We may or may not have spoiled our girl by getting her a fun toy since she was sick. :o) Check out this super-cute octopus! Each leg plays a different note when you squeeze it. Collette seems to enjoy it:

Our Mississippi Invasion continues on Sunday, when John, Leanne, and Mary Audrey arrive. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment