Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Appliqued Shirts

I decided a while ago that Collette needed a cute shirt for her birthday, so I decided to look on Etsy. Well, I always have a problem when I look at those sites. There are tons of cute things, but I just have trouble justifying paying for something that looks like something I could make (no offense to any of you with Etsy shops; there is LOTS of adorable stuff that ther is NO WAY I could make!!). So I looked on YouTube for no-sew applique tutorials, found one, and decided I would try to make a few! It actually turned out to be a very easy process, and the shirts are soooooo cute. So I made a four. LOL. And I will probably make more. :o)

Here is the shirt I made for her to wear for her birthday invitation:


The only bummer is I made it in a 12-18 month size, so it's a little bit big, and when she was sitting on her chair, it was hard to see the entire shirt in the pictures, and have her smiling at the camera. Here's a better shot of the shirt:


I also made a "test" cupcake shirt that came out pretty cute:


Collette wore it yesterday and it was precious, if I do say so myself! :o) I moved her ball toy to the middle of the living room and converted it to the slide, and Collette has had such a great time playing on it! It's so fun to see her motor skills developing all the time! She is standing up on her own unassisted (briefly) and is sooooo close to walking!! Here she is hamming it up playing yesterday:






I also made (well, altered) Collette a cute outfit to wear for her party, but I'm going to let that be a surprise :o)

No comments: