Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grown Up

Every day Collette seems more and more like a little girl and less and less like a baby. Its so fun to see her grow and change, but I still can't believe that she is almost a year old! Here is some photographic evidence of her "Big Girl" status:

Getting ready for church Sunday morning. I thought she looked like such a little Southern Belle is her little smocked dress and hair bow (and in fact I did get the dress at a consignment shop in Mississippi)! I decided to get a picture of her and look how she's sitting-- hand on the arm rest, just relaxing like a big girl!

(Side note: Want to know just how different things are between Pennsylvania and Mississippi? I posted this picture to Facebook and LL's aunt responded saying "I didn't know anybody sold smocked outfits or put them on their babies anymore!" And I had to explain that there isn't a girl under 5 WITHOUT smocking and hair bows on Sunday morning at FBC Starkville! Then one of my Mississippi friends chimed in and reminded me "It's not just the girls wearing smocking!" LOL!!)

After church we went to Gram and Pap's house for lunch. Collette LOVES the kid-sized chairs, and her big cousins weren't there yesterday to monopolize them. She tried and tried to climb into the chair, but it was just a little too tall for her. So I helped her up, and she looked so proud and happy when I put her in it! And when Daddy got out the camera she started hamming it up. Of course. :o)

My SIL Taryn also passed on a push-stroller she had for Tabby. Collette was so excited to put stuff in it and spend hours yesterday putting things in the stroller and then walking them around. (Although I think Daddy may have helped place the doll in there for her). Even our one little "step" into our kitchen didn't stop her! If LL helped the stroller over the step, she would step up and keep right on going! (and don't you just LOVE the chunky thighs in this picture? It was so warm in our house yesterday that she could wear just a onesie!)





Now tell me that's not precious. :o)

No comments: