Friday, February 4, 2011

Bathtubs and Brooms

The construction zone continues around here! The largest piece of construction evidence: a tub in our dining room. Collette thinks it's the greatest thing ever!


She loves to play in the tub, and when cousin Tabby came over to play, the girls quickly discovered that the tub is big enough for two to play! :o)



I can't wait to see Collette bathing in that tub for real!

And this is what I found Collette doing this morning:


I had left the broom out (cleaning up after construction is a never ending job! Not that I'm complaining...) and Collette decided to help sweep.

Here is what the bathroom looked like this morning:


They boarded up the second window, and the double vanity is going to go on that side. The tub will go on the back wall, and then we will have a linen closet on the wall across from the vanity. Today they started insulation-- our 100+ year old house had almost none! They did the blow-in insulation, and put in 16 bags today, with more still to be done! We also got the tubing needed for our radiant heat floor-- super exciting!! And they put the plywood floor down today, too. Yesterday LL and the electrician spent all day buying lights and re-wiring the bathroom. They didn't finish until 7:30 at night! This is definitely a huge project, but soooo worth it!

No comments: