Monday, February 28, 2011

Move Over, Mary Lou

When I was itty-bitty, I wanted to be a gymnast just like Olympic Gold Medalist Mary Lou Retton (despite the fact that I never had a single gymnastics lesson). It appears I may have passed on that trait to my daughter.

The girl is a climber.

She climbs EVERYTHING!

She tries to stand on, jump on, climb over, and balance on just about everything she can. I don't have too many pictures of this particular skill, mainly because I am usually running after her saying "no, no" and trying to keep her from breaking her head open. However, tonight I managed to capture a few shots of her doing one of her less-dangerous stunts, and I thought I'd show you what the little stinker has been up to.

Working on balancing....

I give it a 8.5!


Casually sitting on the back handle of her ride-on toy:


"This is so easy I can do it with my eyes closed!"


Of course, sometimes the acrobatics result in this:

(Disclaimer: She actually wasn't falling when I attempted to take this picture. I just happened to capture it. I would have rescued her, but she scrambled out from underneath it in about 0.5 seconds, unharmed).

And then she proceeded to do this:


Little monkey. :o)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Samuel is a climber too. I can't leave the room for a second.