When I was in first or second grade, we got a HUGE ice storm where I lived in Kalamazoo, MI. I thought it was great. The church parking lot next door to our house was a skating rink, everything was covered in ice, and the best part? We lost power for DAYS so we got to all sleep in the living room by the fireplace and make food over it! To a 7 year old, it was incredible! And I remember my dad taking pictures of everything all covered in ice. I loved looking at those pictures and remembering the storm! Well, last night we got our own ice storm. It was predicted to be pretty big, but it ended up being fairly minor. Nothing like the great ice storm of second grade. :o) (Although, with a little person, I am super grateful we have power!!) However, I couldn't resist going outside and capturing our ice storm with my new camera. (I used the "close up" setting).
So, here it is: THE "GREAT" ICE STORM OF 2011:











Byron and Bingo didn't mind the ice.

However, our house did.

The ice froze our gutter, and so water has been running down the side of our house by my kitchen window.

The result?

Water dripped in through the window all night, creating a nice puddle in the kitchen. It's always something, isn't it? Oh well. Hope you are all surviving the wintery weather where you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment