Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Pictures

I decided to make the kids Easter shirts, in part because LL came home from a business trip with an adorable bunny bow for Collette.  So I decided to make them bunny shirts (I talked about my easy appliqued shirt process HERE).

So I had two adorable kids in bunny shirts, and I decided that I needed a cute picture of them together to send out Easter cards.  I know that not very many people send out Easter cards, but I love the idea of it-- since we celebrate Jesus' birth with cards, why not celebrate his resurrection the same way? :) 

Well.  First Ll and I were sick and not feeling up to it, and then we were potty training Collette, and finally I realized that if I didn't go ahead and take the pics and make the cards, they'd never get places like Wisconsin, Mississippi, Texas, and South Carolina before Easter! So LL and I decided to get The Perfect Easter Card Shot.


Just Kidding.

It seemed no amount of cajoling, bribing, threatening, etc. could make our two small people sit still and look at the camera and smile.  I have about a million of these, but here is a sample of what most of my pictures looked like:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Finally, we decided to just take individual pictures and call it good. But by then, the kids were SO. OVER. PICTURES.

Exhibit C:

Finally, I did manage to get a few half-decent ones, which became our Easter card photos:


And a few days later, I did a mini photo shoot with Trey, to get some cute baby-in-a-basket pictures:





Like we did with Collette, her first Easter:



(Sidenote: How did that baby get so big?)

This way I will be able to put their pictures out every Easter :)

No comments: