So what's new with Collette at 23 months?
~She continues to be a little social butterfly with almost NO stranger anxiety. She absolutely adores playing with her cousins and sometimes she literally wakes up asking about them. Twice this week I have gone to get her up and she has said, "See Isaac? See Tabby?"No "good morning, Mommy!" or anything! LOL. Collette did get her cousin fix this week and has gotten to play with them all a lot.
(Teddy and Collette eating dinner.)
~Her vocabulary is continuing to expand daily. Sometimes she says things that surprise us. We had nursery duty on Sunday, and she was playing with a shapes puzzle. Completely unprompted she said "circle" while putting the circle-shaped piece in, and then "triangle" while putting the triangle piece in. We haven't worked specifically on shapes, although I will say them if we do puzzles etc. at home, so I was surprised when she just started naming shapes! She also talks primarily in sentences now, although they are usually short 3-4 word sentences.
~She is starting to get upset about things that are "broken"-- she doesn't like it if her food (bananas, crackers, etc.) breaks into pieces, her crayon breaks, or she rips a page in a magazine. She will say "Oh no! I break it!" and hold it out for me to fix. :)
~Her new favorite "game" to play is "No kiss!" She was being bully at breakfast the other day, and when I went to kiss her, she said "No! No kiss!" And I pretended to be upset and said "You don't want Mommy to kiss you?!?! I'm gonna get you!" and kissed her anyway. Now she thinks it's the best game ever; she will multiple times a day come up to me and say "No kiss!" and I need to chase her and kiss her. :)
~ She is still a great sleeper. She usually goes to be around 8:30pm and wakes up around 7:00-7:30. She will often wake up asking for Daddy. When he gets her up, they come down and snuggle on the couch and watch cartoons. It's pretty much how I find them every morning. :) Collette also takes about a 2-2.5 hour nap every afternoon, unless she falls asleep in the car. If she gets a cat nap in at all, you can kiss nap time goodbye. She won't fall asleep again!
(Snuggle time on the couch).
~She continues to like a wide variety of foods, and is expressing much more of an opinion about what she wants to eat for meals (which is a good thing and a bad thing! Ha!). She also likes to use the salt and pepper grinders and asks for them if she sees them on the table.
(Eating a Llama-shaped pumpkin pancake. She approved!)
~She is turning into a little performer. She likes to dance and sing, and makes sure we are paying attention to her. She still asks us to "At me!" instead of "Look at me!", even though she says "look" all the time.
~She is getting better with colors and numbers, although we don't have them down yet. She does like to count the stairs with me every time we go up and down them. There are 14 stairs, so that's what we count to. Today when we were coming down the stairs she said, "three, two, one, two, ten, six, seven, eight!" Lucky for us we have lots of opportunities to count stairs. :)
Collette has such a fun personality, and LL and I just laugh and marvel at the things she does and says every day. It's hard to imagine that next month I will be blogging about her 2nd birthday party... and then the month after that blogging about her new baby brother!!! Happy 23 months, Collette! I can't wait to see what this month brings!










No comments:
Post a Comment