And here is the sweet boy! Evan Robert was born at 6lbs, 12oz, and 19 inches long. Since newborns always lose some weight after birth, he is just a little over the 6lb mark right now-- he seemed sooooo tiny!
And don't you just love this little pumpkin outfit? So precious!
We had to get a picture of Nora and I with Evan, of course. I can't believe that, Lord willing, in 9 short weeks I will be holding my own baby boy! We have already determined they will be best friends. :)
One funny side story about Collette and "baby brother," as she calls him. Yesterday I was getting dressed and Collette was in the bedroom with me, playing with a flashlight. When she saw my belly, she brought her flash light over and shined it right on my belly, saying, "Baby? Baby brother?" and looking intently. Ha! Maybe she thought she could see him better with the flashlight? When she decided that the flashlight didn't do the trick, she settled for kissing my belly. :)
Despite her cold, Collette had fun while I was gone. LL ended up helping his dad with some farm work, and so Collette played at Grandmas house, with cousin Autumn (all of the cousins have been sharing the same cold, so I didn't feel too bad that she was there with her cold--they have all been exposed already, and most of them have had the cold.) LL came in to watch Autumn and Collette while his mom fed the calves, and he got a few pictures of Collette's "big girl" activities. She is just so grown up!
She loves coloring, but Grandma has this really big pencil, and Collette looooooved coloring with that!
And coloring with Autumn was even better! She just adores her big cousins (Autumn turned 4 last month).
And her new favorite activity-- play dough! We haven't played with play dough much because I was concerned that I would end up either a) in her mouth b) smushed into my carpets c) smushed into the dogs' fur, or d) all of the above. But LL said she did great with it last night! Look at that concentration:
I think we may be making some home made play dough soon!
Happy Friday, everyone!







No comments:
Post a Comment