Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Scones and Friday Randoms

Happy Friday, everyone! I have been continuing to try some new pumpkin recipes, since my SIL has kindly given me several whole pumpkins that I've been roasting and using.  Today I made pumpkin scones, and they turned out great! I inadvertently ended up doubling the recipe, because I misread the directions and accidentally put in twice the amount of pumpkin the recipe called for, (am I the only one that has done that to a recipe?) so I'm glad they turned out good! I got the recipe HERE if you are interested.

One of the two pans of scones:

LL and Collette thought it they were pretty tasty, too.

So, now for a few random updates. :)

Last week, LL's parents called us up and asked us to go with them to help pick out a Christmas present.  Since Christmas is still so far away, we were pretty surprised at this request.  However, in the past, LL's parents have asked him to go with them to pick out presents like cameras, computers, etc., so we assumed it was something like that they wanted help with.  Well, we got to the mall, we went to Boscov's department store, and LL's dad announced that we were there to pick out a chair for ourselves! And not just any chair, and Lazy Boy recliner! LL's dad decided that we needed a chair before Baby Boy makes his arrival at Christmas, and the store was having a sale, so they decided to get it now.  We were so excited! We have talked for a while about getting a chair, since it's a great way to prop up those pregnancy cankles, and getting on and off the couch after a c-section is difficult, and we don't have anywhere downstairs to sit and rock a baby (although we do have a nice wooden rocker in the nursery).  After sitting in about a million chairs, we finally picked one! They told us that the chair would take at least 6 weeks to come in, but for whatever reason, it came in last weekend and was delivered to our house! We still need to rearrange our living room furniture to accommodate it, but in the meantime we are loving just having it!

Ta-da!!!!


And finally, here is my Little Shoe Lover.  She has a new obsession with boots. :) I'm not trying too hard to discourage it.  The other morning while eating breakfast, I asked her what she thought we were going to do that day.  She thought for a second and then excitedly exclaimed, "Shopping!!!!!!!" Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?

No comments: